1. Kayak.com: Kayak is a great website because it compares all the other websites out there and looks for the best deals. The site also features straight forward booking, as it lets you book directly with the airline or hotel for the price you find on their website.
2. Statravel.com: Not just a great resource for students anymore! Almost anyone can get a STA travel card that will save you on everything from food to flights. It’s a really great resource for the budget traveler who are looking for cheap hostels and great last minute packages.
3. Priceline.com: Are you adventurous? Then priceline is a great option for you! You can get great deals using the ‘name your own price’ option, although you don’t know exactly where you’ll end up. They also have great deals on direct booking for people who need a definite plan.
4. Travelocity.com: Great for domestic and international cheap flights. They also feature fabulous last minute packages at extremely low prices. You can get your flight and hotel for under 600 dollars to destinations like Europe and the Caribbean! The best site for the flexible traveler.
5. Venere.com: A website devoted to getting you out of the chain hotels deep in the tourist trap parts of town and into place a little more unique. Staying in bed and breakfasts and smaller establishments is a great way to save money, especially in Europe where venere.com has most of its listings.
Click here for more budget travel tips from Road & Travel Magazine